Wednesday, 30 April 2008
Sunday, 27 April 2008
This is fun to do, a bit messy, but I loved the results.
Take a piece of strong card about 2”x 2.5”. Mount board would be just fine.
Cut a piece of paper Kitchen Towel, or Loo Roll, slightly larger than your card.
Brush an ample layer of PVA glue onto the card, thick and even, (like spreading honey for the kid’s lol). Now take the paper and lay it carefully over the PVA’d card.
Take your DRY stamp, and press it down firmly for a few seconds, onto the paper and card, to make the impression, lift and wash your stamp immediately as the glue will have seeped through the tiny holes in the paper. Leave the paper in place, on the card.
Now take a steel ruler and using the edge press an outline around your stamped image.
Now put the card with your stamped image, on a tile or glass place mat or something similar, in a warm room, to dry, overnight would be best.
Once thoroughly dry, trim the edges, and paint, I used DecoArt Ocean Pearls very inexpensive and leaves a lovely pearly finish.
Now take a clear Ink pad and swipe it across your raised image, I then used Gold embossing powder, (silver works too), and heat with your heat gun.
It has taken me much longer to explain this technique, than to actually do, except for the waiting to dry time.
Try experimenting with different stamps, colours and embossing powders.
Add gems glitter etc, as desired.
Happy Crafting. Gwen xxx
I thought I would have a go at an altered Matchbox, as I have seen several in peoples galleries on Docrafts that have inspired me.
I resized some of my favourite fairy pictures on my Adobe programme, cut them out, backed them with pearlised card trapping the ribbon between the two.
I resized another fairy image and printed it twice on paper adding the brown colour background, for the box and covered the sides of the little drawer with some of the brown paper too.
After covering the box I used Anita's 3D clear gloss then added a gem.
Alkohol inked background and domino, domino stamped with stazon, layered on recycled packaging, then accent beads and gems added, edged with my Gold inkpad.
This is my first try at making anything altered.
having an unsteady hand the doves are slightly blurred but I quite like the effect.