Wednesday 30 April 2008

Textured Pansy ATC







The background of this ATC I made weeks before, but couldn't decide until now what to do with it.


It is simply a piece of textured loo roll laid carefully onto a card spread with PVA glue, left to dry, and then when the PVA had hardened I painted another thin layer of PVA over it and allowed it to dry again.


Then I painted it with my Ocean pearl paints, by dabbing cream and gold on randomly and blending them in to give a patchy effect.


I stamped the pansy onto Polymer clay, and baked the clay in the oven for 20 minutes on one of my many indispensible wall tiles, then painted it with my equally indispensible Ocean pearl paints.


I then layered it onto a piece of purple recycled packaging, (if I remember right the packaging came with some tomatoes, or maybe it was mushrooms? lol )


Anyway back to the ATC, What came next? oh yes the accent beads, they are mixed shades of green, they don't show up very well in the picture, but believe me they ARE green.


I added the pinkie purpley ones around the packaging to soften the edge.


I felt it needed something else, so I added the gems at two opposite corners with a few of the green accent beads. I finished it off with a coat of glittery nail varnish over everything but the polymer clay pansy.




No comments: