Wednesday 30 April 2008

Doves in flight


My daughter Angy and I spent an evening together "playing" with shaving foam in a plastic food tray, we smoothed the top of the foam and added a few drops of glass paint, gently folding it in at the top of the foam with a cocktail stick, we then dabbed pieces of mount board (ATC size) onto the coloured foam then scraped the foam off the boards with the back of an old table knife.
The result was some pleasing background effects, and this ATC in the picture was made using one of them.
the Doves were stamped onto thin leather wrapped around a square of mount board, with a silver stamp pad and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I attached it to the background, and stuck silver cord around it, but didn't tie it as it wouldn't lie flat.
I added some little pearly white beads, some silver accent beads (I love those accent beads, lol) and a green gem.

No comments: