Saturday, 17 May 2008
Friday, 16 May 2008
It'a a cold wet miserable day today, woke up full of aches and pains and stiffness, so I thought I would do some crafting till the pain and stiffness eases.
I have seen where people use bottle tops in thier crafting, so thought I would have a go with one that I found, while walking the dog.
I embedded the cut out face in deep impressions embossing powder, in the bottle top and put it in the oven to melt. I needed some wings for my Angel, and found some printed on a square of paper that came in a lucky bag from the Loughborough meet last year, stuck them onto card, cut them out and triple embossed them. Then layered them over some pink sequin waste, before sticking on the bottle top Angel.
The background is a piece of bronzy pearlised card which I clear embossed with a filigree type stamp, and then embossed around the edges with gold and also the stamped word "believe" at the bottom. I added two pink gems but thought they looked too pristeen, so I melted them to take off the sharpe contours and added a few small clear holeless beads.
I may send it to FrankieSues Angel swap on Docrafts.
Thursday, 15 May 2008
You can just about make out two little coils of thin wire on each of the crossed wires within the frame, and the beads can move freely on the wires. I looped the ends of the wires and attached fuse wire "tassles" to the loops on the sides and used brads to attach the frame to the mountboard in the top and bottom loops, the brads also go through the gold card, which I placed behind the frame.
I had previously attached the pretty mesh fabric to the mountboard, which is yet another one of the Shaving foam creations, made last Saturday. A couple of swirls of silver accent beads, pink gems and edging the mountboard with my gold metalics pen completed the project.
Monday, 12 May 2008
Thursday, 8 May 2008
Tuesday, 6 May 2008
I thought I would try out my new PaperArtsy stamps. The one on the right I stamped with black Stazon onto some yellowish mount board, then triple embossed it using my Deep impressions embossing powder, I layered it onto some torquoise pearlised card. I love torquoise and brown together, so thats the colour mountboard I used for the background. The shell and little metal rings are jewellary findings, and I attached them with Aroldite Rapid (Brilliant stuff, if you want something to hold fast and to dry fast).
The one on the left is stamped onto more torquoise pearlised card, triple embossed as before, but this time, I used a darker brown mount board for the background. Then out came my old favourites......Accent beads, with some slightly larger beads as well. The accent beads were a mix with some torquoise in there, but didn't look quite right, so I soon altered that with a coat of torquoise sparkle nail varnish. Both the background and the stamped card are edged with my gold Marvy Metallics Pen. I added the ice blue gems at the corners, as a finishing touch.