Monday 2 June 2008

Make a Moo or two (Cats)


Each Friday a new challenge starts, this week the theme is Cats.
The first one "Ancestors" I printed two Egyptian cats the same, cut one out and gold embossed it, (I stamped all the cats with Stazon on matt silver card and cut them out, and gave them all green glitter pen eyes), I sewed the chains on from the back, then added the brads, and wrote by hand "Ancestors" on more matt silver card, then gold embossed the edges of the card.

For the second one "Curiosity" I printed the black cats face back ground on card stock, the silver cat is sat on some recycled packaging on which I added the blades of grass with the green glitter pen, the 9 and the count down 8-1 depict the cats nine lives (curiosity killed the cat!) I printed and cut the no 9 out of card, added Anita's 3 D clear gloss to the eyes of the background cat and to the no nine, and edged the card with silver embossing.

The third one "Cats love the sun" the background is from a recycled junk mail envelope (I love recycling lol) the letters are alternately, stamped on the background and stamped onto card and then stuck in place, I chalked the ones cut out, but it doesn't show on the photo, The sun and the edges of the card I silver embossed added the gem to depict "Love" then put Anita's 3D clear gloss all over but around the gem and while it was still wet pressed the cat into it.
I look forward to doing more of these little Moo cards, which are much smaller than ATCs and so, more of a challenge.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful moos

Femmy said...

gorgeous moo's!!!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

How creative...love the brad and the chain!

Liesbeth Fidder said...

Wonderful Moo's !!

Sandy said...

Wow they are fabulous.
Lovely moo´s.

Astrid Maclean said...

They are stunning Gwen, love them!
Dirtsa

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Whow...very creative Moo's.

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful detail on these Lovely cat Moos, I can see that small is your forte = beautiful!

Annes Art said...

Wonderful Moo's !!