Sunday 1 June 2008

One twelth scale trees


This is a picture of the two trees that Angy and I made as a project for our Dolls house club. Angy asked me to finish hers off as she was busy getting her B A with honours degree. Well done Angy I am very proud of you.
I knew Angy was hoping to make her tree as a blossom tree, so I thought I would surprise her and have a go at making it into a Magnolia tree. (The one on the right).
Mine has just leaves, punching the leaves and attaching them was a very tedious task, I ended up with very sore shoulders and chest lol, now I can see that about at least as many leaves again are needed for it to anything like resemble a real tree LOL (maybe sometime later , when and if I can find the patience.
It doesn't show up very well on the photo, but the trees are planted into "Soil" make from used teabags and PVA glue with added moss and paper foliage. We made the trunks and branches with florists wire and I covered them with PVA and pieces of kitchen towel, before painting and adding Leaves/Magnolia blossoms.

2 comments:

Sian said...

These are both fantastic! I wish I had the patience for this kind of thing.

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

They're really lovely Gwen. Connie.