Monday 12 May 2008

My Gothic arches




Angy and I had another "play" with shaving foam again on Saturday LOL, the background I used for these two Gothic Arches are some of the results, on mountboard.

I love the background of Wings and things but the one on the left (Shades of Green and Gold) doesn't show up so well.

This is my first attempt at gothic arches, which I have made for a swap on Docrafts.


The ladies head on Shades of Green is made from fimo pushed into a mold I made from a metal plaque purchased from Tee Pee crafts.

I painted it gold and glued it into the base cut from a Caramel dessert tub, which I had painted with green and then a light coat of gold (Ocean Pearl) pearlised paints. I embossed the edges of the background with gold embossing powder. I then made a tag from some green recycled packaging, but thought it boring, so I lightly embossed it then cut it across twice with some deckle edged scissors, and left the gaps between the pieces. The clover leaf, or is it a Shamrock leaf! is also made from Fimo, and painted as with the head.

The dark green satin leaves were from a box of embellishments that was part of a gift for my birthday from my Grand daughter Emma.

Inspired by my buddy Nicks clever use of wire in her craftwork, I thought I would have a go at using wire as well, and I am glad I did, as I like the end results.

No comments: