Tuesday 6 May 2008

The edge of Night and Copper Wings


I stamped these at the same "sitting" as the previous two. I must admit I am not too happy with the original, as I find the moth in front of the man a bit of a splodge, lol, and as I had just purchased a new little Butterfly/Moth stamp from Tanda Stamps, at a reduced price (an amazing 75p LOL) I decided I would see if I could cover up the splodge with a seperatly stamped image of my new stamp, using my copper pigment ink pad, (For Copper Wings) which I then cut out. and it worked.
Well..... for me anyway.
Okay, so I lost the moths feelers!, so I gave it new feelers made from copper fuse wire, which sort of frames the mans face. I attached the moth to the main stamped image while it was still sticky hot, straight after the first embossing, the last two embossings going over the whole thing, so that the moth is moulded onto the mans image.
The background was created with some more experimenting, I had kept some clippings of rubber, from trimming my stamps, and these I positioned onto an ATC sized piece of card, I cut out a piece of Kling-on cushioning the same size, and placed it sticky side down onto the rubber, thereby making myself a new background stamp, which would cling nicely to the acrylic block.
I used my home made background stamp with my copper pigment ink pad, on some black paper with a "leather look" finish, (which I had pinched from Angy lol) previously DSSTed to mount card. Hey presto! a distressed looking non descript Background. I feel quite proud of the overall effect.
......................................................................................................................................................
The one on the left which I've called The Edge of Night, was embossed with Copper sparkle embossing powder on yellowish mount board. The moth I stamped onto light brown mountboard with black Stazon , cut it out and triple embossed it and gave it thin fuse wire feelers (Hardly noticable on the piccie) I stamped the other two moths at the bottom using, a freebie kindly sent me by Tanda stamps, in my last order. I also stamped the two top corners with part of a corner stamp, one is a bit crooked but who says it has to be perfect??? lol. Then I chalked the blue border and rubbed my royal blue stamp pad around the edges, two royal blue smooth gems finish it off. This is my favourite of all the four. All available to swap.

2 comments:

Nicks said...

wow Gwen, these are fantastic!!

Sian said...

These are all great. Some of my favourite stamps too!