Thursday 8 May 2008

My Dragon Clock


This is my first attempt at making a small but full size clock, I have made dozens of tiny 1/12th scale dolls house clocks, (not working of course) but this one works I am pleased to say and seems to be keeping good time.
I have used this image a few times for my ATCs, So for this project I needed to resize it to, 3 and 3/4" x 5 and1/2" and I printed it twice, one for the cutout Dragon which I triple embossed with my Deep Impressions embossing powder, I then gave him a red gem "eye". the other one for the background, which I strengthened with mountboard at the back . I then edged it roughly with Green Stazon hoping to give it an aged look, then embossed just around the Edge.
I used black Gems for the time markers, and put Brads in the corners.
Enlarging the picture, I noticed a little butterfly which I hadn't noticed before, (Must make that appointment with the optician, lol) So I found an image of a butterfly slightly larger than the one on the picture that I had printed previously on photo paper, I cut it out and added it to the picture with Silicone, slightly raising the wings for a 3 D look. Thats about it really, except for making a couple of stays on the back to make it free standing. I then spent the rest of today admiring it, as I am well chuffed, LOL . It now stands beside a statue of a Chinese wood cutter, on my bookcase, and the woodcutter looks like I feel, smug and proud of his new friend the Dragon. LOL

4 comments:

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

You're so taleted Gwen,I love this clock, Connie, x

Nicks said...

So cute... thanks for putting the clock ATC idea my way!!

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

Ooops - I'm sure you know you're 'talented'.
I'm not, especially in keyboard skills! Connie.

Sian said...

Fantastic! I love it.