Monday 12 May 2008

Upgrade on my computer




On Sunday my Daughter in law Shell upgraded my computer

( Shell is a whiz with computers) So it left me with time on my hands and as the weather was glorious, I decided to take her youngest son, Christopher my grandson to a local beauty spot, an ancient farm, called Northicote Farm which is now listed and maintained for the benefit of the public. See small piccie of Northicote Farm, as it looks from the road.

We took Meggy my dog, as it is an ideal place for dog walking, with the nessessary dog waste bins amply provided.

I am not too good on my pins, but was feeling good, so thought if I take it steady with lots of sit downs on the logs provided, I would be okay.

I found myself cursing myself at my stupidity, for not bringing my new camara along as the views were breathtaking. This picture is one I found on Google, but is similar to what it was like in the woods on one of the many walks at the farm.

There are geese and a turkey and pot bellied pigs and other animals there as well.


Part of the listed building has been allocated as a tea room, with shaded tables and benches outside and a large bowl of water for the dogs. So I bought myself a large mug of tea, and an orange drink for Chris and we sat and ate Apple pie as well.

It was a really enjoyable afternoon and I and Chris loved it, and so did Meggy.
Chris is the younger brother of my frequently mentioned Twin grandsons Richard and Andrew, who help me so much with all my computing problems, and who helped me get this Blog started.

1 comment:

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

You'll have to hang that camera strap round your neck every time you go out Gwen! What a lovely picture though and you had a great afternoon.
I miss being able to go walking to such lovely places. Connie.